Promise of Scouting
Everybody who becomes a member of the Turkish Scouting Association takes the promise written below:
I honorably promise for discharging my duties to God and my country; obey the Scouting Promise and Law; always help others and do whatever I can, for being physically and mentally healthy and morally honest.
Law of Scouting
The Law of Scouting of the Scouting and Guiding Federation of Turkey is written below:
A Scout is true to his own word. He puts his honor and self-respect above everything.
1. A Scout is loyal to his country, nation, family and scoutmasters.
2. A Scout helps and be useful to others.
3. A Scout is the friend of everybody and the brother/sister of every scout.
4. A Scout is respectful towards everybody.
5. A Scout likes plants and animals.
6. A Scout listens to his/her adults and likes and protects his/her youngs.
7. A Scout is courageous and lovely and friendly under every condition.
8. A Scout is economical.
9. A Scout is clear and honest in his/her ideas, sayings and attitudes.
Promise of Cub
Cubs (Brownie) take the promise written below:
I honorably promise for discharging my duties to God and my country, obey the Brownie (Cub) Promise and Law; always help others and do whatever I can, for being physically and mentally healthy and morally honest.
Law of Cub
The law of Cub (Brownie) is written below:
1. A Cub goes on scouts' way and everyday makes a favor.
2. A Cub is hardworking
Scouting paroles (mottos) are defined according to the scouting levels:
Cub Parole: A Cub is hardworking.
Scout Parole: A Scout is already ready.
Adult Scout Parole: An adult Scout serves to its society.
Law: Law is a word pronounced by Atatürk that fits to the meaning of the word "principle". Since then, it has been used by scouts permanently. It is not related with the word "custom".